- March going out of Harvard Yard #occupyharvard Nov 9 2011 7.33pm http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NO3FZoBtWns
Wellcoming and explaining how the asembly is going to work.
- March before Harvard Yard occupation 7.37pm #occupyharvard Nov 9 2011 http://youtu.be/0AWMFJf45X0
People marching from Harvard Yard, where only people with Harvard ID could get inside. Heading north to the Law School yard where the general asembly took place.
- First intervention at first #occupyharvard General Assembly (watch streaming) Nov 9 2011 http://youtu.be/T_XB1NCJkRg
- Professor Timothy P. McCarthy at the first General Asembly of #OccupyHarvard Nov 9 2011 8.03pm 1/2 http://youtu.be/g5mzbPAX4j8
- Professor Timothy P. McCarthy at the first General Asembly of #OccupyHarvard Nov 9 2011 8.04pm 2/2 http://youtu.be/KI2dmvduktI
Professor Timothy P. McCarthy (Adjunct Lecturer on Public Policy at Harvard Kennedy School of Government) talks in the first general asembly:
“…where we can be heard, where we can be seen, and where we can occupy. Harvard as I said, has been occupied before, (…), we occupied where Harvard has been complicit in Apertheid in South Africa (…) living wage. (…) We must occupy again, because Harvard employs the very people who were responsible of the global economic metdown and the political institutions that facilitate it, that have created the suffering that engulfs not only this nation but the globe a a whole. Harvard is complicit (…) Harvard has economists that teach us that profits are more important that people. And we are here tonight to say that this is more important than war, to say that people are more imporant than profits, and to say that the majority is right and the minority at this hour in history. The 1% is scared because the 99% is globalized. We are 99% percent, and it is time to take back this world. Peace”.
- March going to Harvard Yard occupation 9.00pm #occupyharvard Nov 9 2011 http://youtu.be/cNdRquoakE0
After passing the proposition in the GA the march goes to occupy Harvard Yard.
- Closing north gates at Harvard Yard. 9.07pm Nov 9. #occupyharvard http://youtu.be/cdN5l_397dY